Upgraded PHP/WHM - Unexpected Error

Live Free

Upgraded PHP upon recommendation with the latest release as well as my WHM server backend.

Presently getting the standard "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." that is usually database related.

My hosting provider is asking for software error logs. Since I can't access the admin cp I was wondering if there are logs stored elsewhere that I can access.

If anyone can point me to error logs or help identify the issue I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Redit: reposted in correct forum.

Last edited:
PHP was upgraded from 5.3 to 5.4.38. Memcache was reinstalled (support confirmed it was installed and running). Could this be a Memecache issue?

Looks like I posed this in the wrong forum. Should be in TroubleShooting & Support. Could someone move it please?

You should be able to check your server error log (In cPanel there should be an icon for error logs). If nothing shows up there, open phpMyAdmin and look for the xf_error_log table.

Regards,

Jake

You should be able to check your server error log (In cPanel there should be an icon for error logs). If nothing shows up there, open phpMyAdmin and look for the xf_error_log table.

Regards,

Jake

@Jake B. Thank you for the reply. My hosting provider has checked the standard server error logs and found nothing. I've already checked phpMyAdmin and there is no error_log table...

Edit: I was mistaken. There is indeed a log. checking now.

Edit: Nothing in the log that's recently data. Tried increasing memory limit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom