XF 1.3 Upgrade XenForo and add-ons

Sunka

I started with Xenforo v1.3.0, before that I have vBulletin, and on the very begining phpbb.
My first "big" update on XenForo will be upgrade from v1.3.x to 1.4.0.
I have question about add-ons and XenForo uprade.

Last minor upgrades (1.3.0 => 1.3.1 => 1.3.2 => 1.3.3 => 1.3.4) I disabled all add-ons in ACP (delete checkmarks on all add-ons), and every upgrade runs OK. After upgrade, I enable all add-ons in ACP.

So, my major question is what is correct procedure to take when there will be major upgrade, with some of add-ons not compatible with new version of XenForo.

Should I disable that not compatible add-ons before Xenforo upgrade (in ACP) and leave them disabled untill compatible new version come out? But what then? At moment of upgrading Add-on, I have to enable him or not? Could I upgrade disabled add-on and then enable him after upgrading?

Is disabling add-ons in ACP good enough, or I also do that in confing.php? Or, another question is, could I just disable add-ons in config.php so I don't have to disable them one by one in ACP.

If you want to retain the functionality of any third party add-ons or styles, you will need to wait until they are updated to work with XenForo 1.4 before upgrading.

Otherwise you will need to disable them or live with any potential errors and issues.

Top Bottom