XF 2.2 Upgrade to 2.2 question

tommydamic68

Hello,
I was upgrading to 2.2 from 2.1 and I received this message. Question is, I am gonig to upgrade via CLI. Do I just leave this upgrade window open do the upgrade via CLI and then close the window? Don't want to screw anything up.
Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 7.55.03 AM.webp
TIA

Hello, yes it's recommended to do the upgrade via CLI for large forum, like the above message said. For the window, do what you want I don't think this has an impact on the upgrade. That's my opinion ;)

Regards, SyTry

It worked fine for me with just over 1.1 million posts and 8500 users, with the regular/ADCP upgrade tool, shared hosting. I think it probably depends how beefy the internet provider is, too. I tried it on test system for laughs, and it didn't time out, so we did it for the real conversion.

It is possible to upgrade a large site via the browser (I did a 1+ million one yesterday) but there may be issues with timeouts, etc. on table alters on some of the larger ones such as posts.

Not all versions require alters though so each upgrade is different.

I definitely wouldn't want to do a 1.x to 2.x upgrade for a site with 5 million posts and 500 thousand members via the web browser though.

Top Bottom