XF 2.2 Upgrade from 1.5 to 2.2 took a week, now how to I get the 'Delta' form the old to the new Forums?

ScratchMang

So here's the issue,

I've been very lazy over the past few years in keeping Xenforo Updated, and now I finally decided to move the Forums to a new Host which also means new hardware. So my plan is (Was) to do it as follows....

Export the DB and get it running on the new Site in 1.5 - Done
Upgrade to 2.2 - Done
Spend the time required to make all the changes, install the new/updated addons and customizations - Done , took me a while, but it's done.

Problem now is it's been a week and the new (2.2) Forums are good to go, but the old forums (1.5) have been live and people have been posting etc. So I have the option of losing a weeks worth of Data which does not really make me happy, or trying to figure out some method of getting everything that's happened in the past week pushed over from the 1.5 to the 2.2 Installation.

Anyone have any ideas here? Am I missing some obvious switch or option? Can I point the "New" 2.2 to the old 1./5 and tell it to update itself? Or am I hooped?

Scratch

I figured as much.... Bummer.... :(

That makes things a bit more complicated as having to change all the Themes, and addons etc took me a bit (My own fault really)

Thank you for the quick reply.....

Now that you know what's involved, it should go a lot quicker.

You can actually export and import the style, which should save some time and work.

Yeah,

The styles would be easy enough, there's about 10 Other addons that need to be re-installed too. Going to be a bit of a bother, but what can you do right? Serves me right for being Lazy :)

Yeah,

It's just a pity there's no easy to grab the new users / posts over from when I took the original snapshot till now. Still not a huge issue, just have to do a bit more work is all :)

Top Bottom