XF 2.2 upgrade error

CoreIssue

Fatal error: Illegal length modifier specified 'f' in s[np]printf call in /home/chris766/public_html/donhaddix/src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/Local.php on line 199

The two instances reported of this error have been due to the PHP version/build.

Which version is running on the server?

Try upgrading to the latest 7.4 if possible.

I am getting this issue as well and it doesn't matter which version of PHP I have installed. While I've had the above noted error a few times I'm usually getting a slight variation:

Fatal error: Illegal length modifier specified 'f' in s[np]printf call in /src/XF/Util/File.php on line 305.

I have been trying to upgrade to 2.2 Xenforo from 2.1.9 but the web based upgrade process fails every time mid-way through which which leaves me on a blank page where the url ends in "tools/run-job". At this point I have to restore the entire site from backup in order to get back to the admin pages. I am also having the same trouble completing add-on upgrades. Just stalls out at the run-job page. So my first question is the web based (from in the admin panel) no longer the advisable method or upgrading Xenforo? Or is there some other php issue going on here?

I am getting this issue as well and it doesn't matter which version of PHP I have installed. While I've had the above noted error a few times I'm usually getting a slight variation:

Fatal error: Illegal length modifier specified 'f' in s[np]printf call in /src/XF/Util/File.php on line 305.

I have been trying to upgrade to 2.2 Xenforo from 2.1.9 but the web based upgrade process fails every time mid-way through which which leaves me on a blank page where the url ends in "tools/run-job". At this point I have to restore the entire site from backup in order to get back to the admin pages. I am also having the same trouble completing add-on upgrades. Just stalls out at the run-job page. So my first question is the web based (from in the admin panel) no longer the advisable method or upgrading Xenforo? Or is there some other php issue going on here?

did this ever get fixed for you?

No. I have tried everything I could think of on multiple occasions. My only answer at this point is to install a fresh install of the latest version and try to do a data migration.

No. I have tried everything I could think of on multiple occasions. My only answer at this point is to install a fresh install of the latest version and try to do a data migration.

I m having the same issues however mine was a fresh install and it didn't matter the version I was using either.

Top Bottom