XF 2.1 Upgrade error

Rhody

I am moving an existing 2.1.3 to a new server this week, and just put a test backup on the new server and tried the in place upgrade from the admin console.

It seemed to be running fine, until I tried to upgrade.

This was the result, and it seems stuck in "the forum is being upgraded, check back later" mode...

I did it from within admin panel, and also tried /install folder button. PHP is 7.4 on a litespeed server

Any ideas? corrupted database? permissions?
Thanks

Code:
ParseError: syntax error, unexpected 'Fn' (T_FN), expecting identifier (T_STRING) in src/XF/Template/Compiler/Syntax/Fn.php at line 7

Composer\Autoload\includeFile() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 322
    Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass()
    spl_autoload_call()
    unserialize() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/ValueFormatter.php at line 17
    XF\Mvc\Entity\ValueFormatter->decodeValueFromSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/ValueFormatter.php at line 59
    XF\Mvc\Entity\ValueFormatter->decodeValueFromSourceExtended() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php at line 764
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->decodeValueFromSourceExtended() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 824
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_columnValueIsDifferent() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 632
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 548
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set() in src/XF/Entity/Template.php at line 173
    XF\Entity\Template->verifyTemplate() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 768
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_verifyValueCustom() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 613
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 548
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set() in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/BbCodeMediaSite.php at line 81
    XF\AddOn\DataType\BbCodeMediaSite->importAddOnData() in src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php at line 106
    XF\Job\AddOnData->run() in src/XF/Job/Atomic.php at line 38
    XF\Job\Atomic->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 253
    XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 195
    XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 146
    XF\Job\Manager->runUnique() in src/XF/Install/Controller/AbstractController.php at line 24
    XF\Install\Controller\AbstractController->manualJobRunner() in src/XF/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 257
    XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
    XF::runApp() in install/index.php at line 14

XF 2.1.3 is not compatible with PHP 7.4.

You need to upgrade to at least XF 2.1.4 I think though at this point we'd just strongly recommend going all the way up to XF 2.1.7.

You'll need to do this upgrade prior to the move to the server with PHP 7.4 or downgrade PHP on the new server first.

Top Bottom