XF 1.3 Updating templates

Bob_R

I have this message in my AdminCP:

This template is outdated. It is recommended that you merge the parent changes into this template.

When I click View Custom Changes I get the code and some is in a green shaded area/box and some code is in a reddish shaded area/box.

Which is the code to add or delete?

Hope I've explained myself correctly?

Thanks.

View Custom Changes shows you the content that you have added in green and content you have removed in red. If you have to manually merge your changes, this is useful.

But there is another way of merging. If you click on the "merge the parent changes" link in the message on the template, and look down the list of templates, you will see "Merge Changes". Click that. As long as a few conditions are met, it should be possible to merge your current version of the template with the new parent version of the template.

I get this when I do what you suggested in your 2nd paragraph.

Error

The custom template is out of date but has been edited more recently than the parent. Merging can only be done by hand.

I get this when I do what you suggested in your 2nd paragraph.

Error

The custom template is out of date but has been edited more recently than the parent. Merging can only be done by hand.
Then you need to make note of the template edits that you have made (save them to a text editor) then revert the template and place the edits back in.

As Chris says, the style has template edits done to it by the author... and it's probably not fully compatible with the version of XenForo you are running.
One option (if it is supposed to be compatible) is to export it (your custom child style), then delete the style (your custom child style) and import it back again. BUT before doing this you need to back up (and confirm the backup) your DB and forum file structure.

Top Bottom