Not planned Update Notifications

Vagdedes

Case:
When having a resource on a XenForo website, you obviously get a lot of people downloading it. Sometimes you push an update that creates a crucial problem for one of your users, but almost all others are completely fine. To correct that problem, you are forced to spam one or more updates in a row or in a small amount of time which will look annoying to someone not having an issue.

Suggestion:
Therefore, I am asking for a user text-box to be added to the resource update page named Notify Certain Users. If the text-box is empty, it will proceed to notify everyone, otherwise only the written users. I think that's a cool small addition to the XenForo websites, so tell me your thoughts below.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You have gotten spammed by updates to an addon here?
As you can see, I am a new member here. I am coming from a different website that uses XenForo, and I was advised to post my suggestion here. I have never gotten spammed by any update for the simple reason I don't download resources, but on that website, I am an author myself and they were moments where I had to spam.

Erm ... why didn't you just start a conversation with the affected user(s)?
I am looking for a better and automated solution, not an alternative and manual one as you have proposed.

The suggestion is far too niche to be considered for the core software.

You would need to look at getting it custom developed.

Top Bottom