Update actual version? or start from scratch with 1.2

gimomo

estimated ...

I have a question ... is that over time I thumbed my XenForo much (1.1.5), with new plugins and applications in general, and now with the release of XenForo 1.2 I want to start from scratch, ie when 1.2 released for production this my questions are :

1. - I should upgrade from 1.1.5 to 1.2?
2. - It's best to work the version 1.2 from scratch and only database trapasar as topics and users?

I know I have to wait the full liberation of 1.2 to upgrade my production.

Greetings and thank you very much ... and as my firm hope my understanding is achieved basic English

You can't do a clean installation and selectively retain parts of the database.

If you want to retain posts and members you will have to upgrade.
Then work on removing any unwanted add-ons and template edits.

estimated ...

I have a question ... is that over time I thumbed my XenForo much (1.1.5), with new plugins and applications in general, and now with the release of XenForo 1.2 I want to start from scratch, ie when 1.2 released for production this my questions are :

1. - I should upgrade from 1.1.5 to 1.2?
2. - It's best to work the version 1.2 from scratch and only database trapasar as topics and users?

I know I have to wait the full liberation of 1.2 to upgrade my production.

Greetings and thank you very much ... and as my firm hope my understanding is achieved basic English

Can you please elaborate a little further what you meant by: It's best to work the version 1.2 from scratch and only database trapasar as topics and users?

Imho the best way would be to do a normal upgrade. You can uninstall the third party mods etc that are not compatible with 1.2. and re-install/upgrade them when their authors will release the new 1.2. compatible with versions.

Top Bottom