1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Is it possible to overwrite your 1.15 install with 1.2 and start from scratch?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Rambro, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Just wipe out the directory structure but import over the database and retain the forum posts and members?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No.

One possible course of action though would be to upgrade to 1.2 then use the XenForo 1.2 importer to selectively import users and other content into a new database.

3. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

But the forum file structure would remain the same, correct?

What would be the benefit of the selective route?

4. Brogan

What is it you are trying to do exactly?

Why not just upgrade your forum from 1.1.5 to 1.2.0?

5. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nothing in particular. Just thought it might be easier to start from scratch than worry about all the template edits and whatnot I've got going. Just a clean install and start adding back in the addons from there.

6. Brogan

1.2 has the template merge feature so it's not so much of an issue.

7. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think its all going to go to **** when I upgrade, I was just wondering if that sort of thing was possible. Like reinstalling your OS from scratch and then reinstalling all your programs and backedup files.