Unwatch confirmation

---MAD---

Howdy,

I don't feel a confirmation box for unwatching a thread is necessary as a big message drops down informing you that you have taken such an action. Hitting the unwatch button by mistake has no major consequences as you can easily watch the thread again with an additional 2 clicks.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0
I think from architectural point of view everything that's negative, should be confirmed. Unwatching something is an action a user should think twice about.

I think from architectural point of view everything that's negative, should be confirmed. Unwatching something is an action a user should think twice about.
Hmm, I see your point. I guess it depends whether to label this as negative or not ;).

With negative I mean an action that removes something from you. Such as unsubscribe, unwatch, mark read, unfriend, delete post, .. etc

unlike: befriend, edit post, submit content, change avatar, etc. Which are all positives.

It's more the limitation of the underlying code. It would need bespoke handling for it if we wanted to change this, as the overlay is still required for watch case. (Obviously I'm not saying it's not possible, but our really nice overlay trigger framework isn't sufficient to do it automagically.)

It's more the limitation of the underlying code. It would need bespoke handling for it if we wanted to change this, as the overlay is still required for watch case. (Obviously I'm not saying it's not possible, but our really nice overlay trigger framework isn't sufficient to do it automagically.)

Ah I see.

Top Bottom