Unsubscribe From Site Mailings Link?

Why would you need it in Xenforo software unless you've installed a specific mailing list add-on for marketing purposes?

Users already have full control over how they receive alerts in their account settings, which includes email from admins.

Easily over-ridden by a checkbox when sending out emails. There should still be an unsubscribe link so that it can never be over-ridden.

For instance, say you have an admin that you allow to send site emails. They do it, but then they also hit the checkbox that overrides opt out.

As Anthony said users can already control this from their CP. The mail I send you last month regarding your mailings is due to the fact that you send newsletters to all your members which they have no option to unsubscribe from, apart from being very annoying this is also illegal. Notification mails such as the one XenForo sends natively are not considered newsletters and the user has the option to disable them from their CP.

Is there any way to stop thread subscription e-mails to a particular member (from the admin end or database query)?

On occasion there are people who subscribe to a thread and their e-mail address eventually is no longer valid or changes and the thread subscription e-mails bounces occur over and over again to my admin catch-all address.

Any temporary solution to this?

Is there any way to stop thread subscription e-mails to a particular member (from the admin end or database query)?

On occasion there are people who subscribe to a thread and their e-mail address eventually is no longer valid or changes and the thread subscription e-mails bounces occur over and over again to my admin catch-all address.

Set their user state to Awaiting email confirmation (From edit)

Very good question as I also get a ton of bounced emails.
That's lame if you have a large amount of members. He's asking for a database query.

XenForo only sends notifications once for a thread you're subscribed to, after that it won't notify you again until you read the notification. This alone will reduce the amount of bounces you get. You should use a do-not-reply email address as the "from" address used on your site, and set it's mailbox size to 1mb. This way you don't have to worry about all those bounces.

Alternatively you could request someone make an addon that disables email notifications for users that have been inactive for x days.

XenForo only sends notifications once for a thread you're subscribed to, after that it won't notify you again until you read the notification. This alone will reduce the amount of bounces you get. You should use a do-not-reply email address as the "from" address used on your site, and set it's mailbox size to 1mb. This way you don't have to worry about all those bounces.

Alternatively you could request someone make an addon that disables email notifications for users that have been inactive for x days.
*makes a request thread*

So the system won't send subscription email while in this state?

OK, this will work. I don't have a lot of those members, so this should suffice for now.

So the system won't send subscription email while in this state?

OK, this will work. I don't have a lot of those members, so this should suffice for now.
Correct, and it will also make them verify a valid email address before allowing them to post.

You actually only need change your user registration options to set notifications to yes, that way all alerts are done on the forum unless the user specifically opts in (adjusts setting) to receive their notifications via email.

Screen Shot 2012-07-05 at 8.17.01 AM.webp

Notifications for actions are not spam. Sending out newsletters to members without their consent, that is spam.

The admin feature in the backend to send all members a message, is not really designed to send spam, it is designed to send forum specific administrative notices, ie. rules, legal, upgrade / feature change... something administrative about the forum only. Even that, an admin can untick in the above options "receive site mailings" thus they must opt in. You can also unstick the PC notification.... that way users MUST opt in for any email from your site.

That way if you want to use the ACP mailing function for newsletter purposes or such, everyone being sent to is opt in and you only need include a link back to their account setting page to opt out, by unticking the box that they chose.

A DB query to set everyone to 0 would simply be an alter TABLE VALUE=0 type approach, at a rough guess.

Top Bottom