1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unregistered liking of threads

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Edrondol, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

I would like lurkers or unregistered individuals the ability to Like posts. I thought I had it turned on but I found out today that the ACP User Group Permissions doesn't allow this, even when set to allow. I've also gone into the Node Permissions and changed it from "Inherited" to "Allowed" but nothing.

Am I missing something or do they need to be allowed to do something else to be able to like posts?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As I understand it, there is an additional layer of permissions relating to guests, which prevents them liking posts or voting on polls.
  3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Could that cause people to log out so they could "guest like" any thread they want ?
  4. Edrondol

May I ask, then, why that is in the permissions? If it's not going to be allowed even though we want it to, why put it there so it looks like we can?
  5. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

So that people can choose to allow certain user groups (or in certain forums) to limit their ability to like posts.
  6. Edrondol

So it's used to limit only? Huh. Okay, well, it is what it is I suppose.
  7. James

James Well-Known Member

No, it's used to add or remove permissions to like posts. The only difference is that it doesn't allow guests to like posts, but I'm not sure why.
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. Edrondol

Leave it to Brogan to come up with the relevant threads I didn't find when searching. Thanks again, Brogan.