Unread post tracking in XF?

tomdav

I'm wondering how unread post tracking works in XF. When you click on a thread you have visited before shouldn't it take you to the first unread post? When I click on a thread here, navigate back and reload the list of topics, then click on the topic again it takes me to the first page again.

That's what I'm saying. It isn't read (other than the first page). So why doesn't it take me to page 2. For example, I just clicked on another thread I had read before but with new posts. Clicking on the thread took me to page 1. There is a button "jump to new" on page 1. Clicking on that took me to page 14 (of 16). WTF doesn't it just take me to page 14? That's what any competent post tracking forum software in 2019 would do.

To rule out a cookie issue I logged in to the XF forums from another browser. I am observing the same phenomenon for some threads here. Some threads are bolded (indicating unread posts) but clciking on them takes me to page 1. There is a "jump to new" button on page 1 so clearly XF knows there are unread posts. Why won't it take me to the first unread post by default? It just bugs me that the support forums here would be broken. If it would help the developers track down this bug I can give permission to login to my account and observe this phenomenon.

Top Bottom