XF 1.1 Unknown column 'custom_fields' in 'field list'

Renada

Hi,

On a test installation I get this error on step 3 of the upgrade.

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'custom_fields' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in /home/sites/xxxxx.com/public_html/test/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in /home/sites/xxxxx.com/public_html/test/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in /home/sites/xxxxx.com/public_html/test/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in /home/sites/xxxxx.com/public_html/test/forum/library/XenForo/Install/Upgrade/1010031-100b1.php at line 516
    XenForo_Install_Upgrade_1010031->step4() in /home/sites/xxxxx.com/public_html/test/forum/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 115
    XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRun() in /home/sites/xxxxx.com/public_html/test/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in /home/sites/xxxxx.com/public_html/test/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sites/xxxxx.com/public_html/test/forum/install/index.php at line 17

Thanks in advance,
Renada

That error refers to the xf_user_profile.custom_fields field which is new in 1.1. In the upgrade script that field is added in step1 and populated in step4. Apparently step1 failed to add that field which caused an error in step4.

Did you notice any prior errors while running the upgrade script? Or did you encounter any other problems during the upgrade?

When you encounter errors like this it is best to restore a backup and start over with the upgrade.

That error refers to the xf_user_profile.custom_fields field which is new in 1.1. In the upgrade script that field is added in step1 and populated in step4. Apparently step1 failed to add that field which caused an error in step4.

Did you notice any prior errors while running the upgrade script? Or did you encounter any other problems during the upgrade?

When you encounter errors like this it is best to restore a backup and start over with the upgrade.

Thanks for your help Jake :)

I've uploaded, restored the database and rerun the upgrade several times now because it doesn't go any further than step 3 and that leaves me with the error in the admin log and a blank page on the forum. I can't get into the ACP to see if there are any error logs and no other errors appeared on screen for steps 1 and 2.

Regards,
Renada

Top Bottom