Fixed Unicode Category Section Anchor Issue

ibnesayeed

On the forum/node listing page, all the categories have got section anchors (href="#category-title"). Expected behavior on clicking those links is to scroll the page enough to bring that section at the top of visible region.

It seems like for non-ASCII characters, it is using some character replacement/key map technique to dynamically create its ASCII equivalent. And failure to find a key map, leads to URL encoded character equivalent. In such cases where not all characters have got key map equivalents, expected behavior is not seen on Firefox. Although, it works on Google Chrome.

Have an example? We actually do romanization and deaccenting on these IDs for this reason. I can only imagine that the romanization can't be done so it's leaving the characters. (Changed it to strip the extra stuff out.)

Have an example? We actually do romanization and deaccenting on these IDs for this reason. I can only imagine that the romanization can't be done so it's leaving the characters. (Changed it to strip the extra stuff out.)

Is there a table where we can add more characters to be used for romanization (or key mapping)? This kind of per character mapping is not actual romanaization for most of the languages though. Hence, it will be nice to have an extra field in category table to have optional roman equivalent specified manually. That might have better SEO impact. Current fix of stripping extra stuff is lossy and may cause more than one section anchors with the same name.

I will send you a link to our test xF 1.1b4 installation in PC.

Romanization is provided by the UTF-8 library we include.

Anchors will not be the same because of the category ID being included.

Romanization is provided by the UTF-8 library we include.

Anchors will not be the same because of the category ID being included.

How did I miss that fact. :-)

By the way, please consider the optional field I had suggested in last post. :-)

Top Bottom