XF 1.4 Unexpected error after upgrading PHP/WHM/Memcache

Live Free

Upgraded PHP upon recommendation with the latest release as well as my WHM server backend.

Presently getting the standard "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." that is usually database related.

My hosting provider is asking for software error logs. Since I can't access the admin cp I was wondering if there are logs stored elsewhere that I can access.

PHP was upgraded from 5.3 to 5.4.38. Memcache was reinstalled (support confirmed it was installed and running). Could this be a Memecache issue?

If anyone can point me to error logs or help identify the issue I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Edit:
/error_log.bak the online error log? Right now it looks like a cache issue, Allowed memory size exhausted.

Edit #2:
I've checked the server error log and the xf_error_log, nothing useful there.

Anywhere else I can look? Was running PHP 5.3 and the latest version of Xenforo, upgraded to 5.4.38, no changes to Xenforo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Brogan.

It's been resolved. During the upgrade my hosting provider uninstalled several modules, including Memcached, which was responsible for the error. I discovered this after disabling cache in the config file. At present, the issue is resolved and caching is working. Thank you.

Top Bottom