undefined variable: viewParams

Matthew Hawley

I am getting this error when I go the route for my custom addon (/directory). I don't get why I am getting this error because a lot of addons use viewParams in the controller public file.

Server Error
Undefined variable: viewParams

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in CF/Directory/ControllerPublic/Directory.php at line 10
  2. CF_Directory_ControllerPublic_Directory->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home3/mcwh/public_html/xxx/index.php at line 13
Here is my code for /ControllerPublic/Directory.php

Code:
<?php

class CF_Directory_ControllerPublic_Directory extends XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract

{
    public function actionIndex()

{
        // send to template for display
        return $this->responseView('CF_Directory_Index', 'cf_directory_index', $viewParams);

}

}

?>

I would recommend going through some basic PHP tutorials. There are some good ones. Code Academy and ... I think one's called Treehouse.

It would be wise to go through the basics.

Learning basic PHP and how to debug it would be more beneficial to you than an HTML and CSS course.

Most of your errors have come from a lack of general PHP knowledge. It would be highly beneficial to learn the basics before attempting an addon.

Top Bottom