XF 2.1 Unauthorized Forum Member Able to Post in Staff Only Area

Alfuzzy

I have a bit of a head scratcher of a question. Had a forum member post in the 'Staff Only" area of the site. This member belongs to the "Registered" user-group.

I've checked node permissions for the Staff Only area for the Registered user group...also ran the "Analyze Permissions" for this individual member...and everything comes back as the Registered user group & this individual member...should not be able to view or post in this Staff Only area.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks beerforo. I checked the moderator logs...and there were a couple moderator actions related to this member/this members posts.

The closest moderator action that appears to apply to this situation is this:

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 2.11.53 PM.webp

But the moderator action description doesn't say what node the newly created thread is located in...thus I can't be sure if the new thread was created in the Staff Only area (or somewhere else).

Thanks

Thanks Brogan...yes sir that's it.

Did exactly as you said...and it confirmed that a forum staff member moved it there (maybe by accident).

Thanks VERY much...mystery solved!:)

Oh yes, that's easier to check. :)
Yes it is. It also confirms (more specifically) what thread the moderator log is referring to. I did click on the thread link in moderator log...and it sent me to the thread in the Staff Only area...but I still wasn't 100% sure what was up. Maybe it takes a bit of experience working with the software to know what's going on (not 100% dummy-proof).;)

But what Brogan mentioned did make things more clear (clearer than the moderator log itself).:)

Top Bottom