XF 2.1 Unauthorized Forum Member Able to Post in Staff Only Area

Alfuzzy

I have a bit of a head scratcher of a question. Had a forum member post in the 'Staff Only" area of the site. This member belongs to the "Registered" user-group.

I've checked node permissions for the Staff Only area for the Registered user group...also ran the "Analyze Permissions" for this individual member...and everything comes back as the Registered user group & this individual member...should not be able to view or post in this Staff Only area.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks Brogan...yes sir that's it.

Did exactly as you said...and it confirmed that a forum staff member moved it there (maybe by accident).

Thanks VERY much...mystery solved!:)

Thanks beerforo. I checked the moderator logs...and there were a couple moderator actions related to this member/this members posts.

The closest moderator action that appears to apply to this situation is this:

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 2.11.53 PM.webp

But the moderator action description doesn't say what node the newly created thread is located in...thus I can't be sure if the new thread was created in the Staff Only area (or somewhere else).

Thanks

Oh yes, that's easier to check. :)
Yes it is. It also confirms (more specifically) what thread the moderator log is referring to. I did click on the thread link in moderator log...and it sent me to the thread in the Staff Only area...but I still wasn't 100% sure what was up. Maybe it takes a bit of experience working with the software to know what's going on (not 100% dummy-proof).;)

But what Brogan mentioned did make things more clear (clearer than the moderator log itself).:)

Top Bottom