XF 1.5 Unable to upload attachments/images in Chrome

Conduit

All forum users are suddenly having problems with Flash uploading attachments/images in Chrome.

Any suggestions how it could be fixed?

Many thanks

I think the newer Chrome prompts for you to allow it to use Flash? The user would have to tell it yes. The other option is to disable the Flash uploader in the ACP and then restrict it to 1 file at a time. If they are images being attached to posts, make an instructional topic advising your users of the ability to drag/drop into the editor.
It's really something that needs to be resolved in the current version of XenForo. The continued reliance on Flash (which has been known to be being phased out) is problematic as some users will not choose the option to allow Flash to run because they "have heard bad stories about it causing problems". An HTML5 uploader really needs to be incorporated ASAP into the current 1.X line of XenForo.

Well, in my case the upload ticket just stopped working. When users press the button "upload an image" nothing is happening. Same facility run on Adobe Flash works fine with Firefox and IE. So it is a browser related problem.
I had this problem before for a shot while and it was gone within a day before I had any chance to take action. It returned now and seem to be more serious than before.
Any ideas what I can do to rectify it?

It is not about me: all users across the forum experience the same problem with uploading attachments using Chrome. It's more likely a scripting problem.
The checking the browser console will apply in any case to see if it is a script error. Troubleshooting 101 is the word of the day.
Chrome announced that they were making changes to the support of Flash in the newer versions.

Well, in my case the upload ticket just stopped working. When users press the button "upload an image" nothing is happening. Same facility run on Adobe Flash works fine with Firefox and IE. So it is a browser related problem.
I had this problem before for a shot while and it was gone within a day before I had any chance to take action. It returned now and seem to be more serious than before.
Any ideas what I can do to rectify it?

You can also try opening the Development Tools in your browser, and check the console for what happens if you try to upload the file. I once had a similar issue with this.

Have you fixed it as I could not?
Even having upgraded XF to 1.5.12 the problem still persists. Neither HTML5 uploader nor Flash uploader work for me.

Without errors that are most likely being shown in the browser console, we can't help you with your issue. Most likely the error could point you instantly in the right direction for a solution.

Normally when you upload a file you also receive a status code in the console, if the webserver returns an error it would also show up in your console. Can you try to upload a file to your forums while having the console window open, and check what happens while you try to add the attachment/make the post?

2017-04-09 23_09_37-XF 1.5 - Unable to upload attachments_images in Chrome _ XenForo Community.webp

Top Bottom