1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to "unzip" the file

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Whut, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Whut

Whut New Member

Whenever I go to unzip the file with 7zip, I always get the same error, "Can not open file as archive."
    I am using 1.3, the latest version.

2. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

I assume you are talking about the xenforo installation package....? Try downloading it again.

3. Whut

Whut New Member

I already redownloaded it, yet it still gave me the same error. Also, yes, I am talking about the installation package. I also tried 1.1 and still got the same error.

4. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Try to unzip it with Windows, provided you are using Windows 7-8(I forgot, maybe even Vista can do it).

5. Dodgeboard

Reassociate the zip with your operating systems internal unzipper, or use "open with" by right-clicking on the file and open it with Windows Explorer. Something with the program you are using to unzip the file must be flakey.

6. Whut

Whut New Member

I redownloaded 7zip because I thought it was the source of the problem. However, when I went to extract the files from the zipped installation file, I got this error:
    " The compressed (zipped) folder is empty. Before you can extract files, you must copy files to this compressed (zipped) folder."

7. Dodgeboard