XF 1.5 Unable to Send Mail.

Shane Greer

Hello you beautiful people Im looking for some advice / general pointers.

I recently upgrade my Fasthosts hosting from a Business Premium account to an Ultimate Cloud Based Server from the same company.

Since then I have been getting errors.. see below.

Code:
Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Email to winterbachj@yahoo.com failed: Unable to send mail. - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 11:13 AM

Stack Trace

#0 /home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/thefgmforum/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
#1 /home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/thefgmforum/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#2 /home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/thefgmforum/library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(79): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail))
#3 /home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/thefgmforum/library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.6099269390106)
#4 /home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/thefgmforum/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.6099269390106, '')
#5 /home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/thefgmforum/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.6099269390106, '', false)
#6 /home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/thefgmforum/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#7 /home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/thefgmforum/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#8 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(46) "/thefgmforum/conversations/file-returned.6922/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Delete...

Before the upgrade default mail was working perfect but am really struggling to get any kind of mail system to get through. My support is pretty lame to be honest so I thought I'd hit you guys up here for an explanation.

And here is a screenie of my email options.

Snap 2015-10-21 at 14.42.52.webp

Ok... first to answer correctly wins my undivided gratitude. :)

Shane

You are using the PHP mail function so XenForo passes the email to sendmail or the equivalent on the server.

The failure is at the server level, you can check the server mail log to see why it is failing.

Your host should be able to help with that.

Ok got this back from my host support.

Dear Shane,

Thank you for your response.

Looking at the issue, we are somewhat limited on what we can advise. Critically, to determine if this is scripting or mailbox permissions-based, we have uploaded a PHP mail script:

<<<link not displayed>>>

This is a simple script that sends a pre-configured e-mail to a specific destination using PHP. I tested by having your mailbox@thefewgoodmen.com e-mail my own mailbox and it was received successfully. I have attached the headers of said e-mail to reflect this as successfully sent. This is a reflection that the means of sending mail via PHP is working. To give you an indication as to the elements required, I have left the script uploaded for you to test with and if you wish, make reference to in your communications to the supplier of the script. You may wish to review this in conjunction with line 137 of the script referenced in your screen-shot in entry 20/10/2015 02.57 PM as by comparing the two, you should be able to identify what the Sendmail.php script is doing in error.

error.webp

Does anyone have any answers.... server guys says php mail works. Im confused.

Top Bottom