XF 2.2 Unable to Send E-Mail

ScratchMang

So just upgraded to 2.2.2 from 1.5.something or another. Anyway. Mail does not seem to be wokring.

My Firewall can send e-mail with the same config, so I know it's not upstream. And even with Any/Any/Allow I continually get the error of

• Connection could not be established with host [Mail Server]:stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to tcp://[Mail Server]:587 (Network is unreachable)
But I know it's reachable, responds to nslookups, pings and everything else can use it to send mail, just Xenforo seems to be having issues when trying to send E-Mail. Tried various combinations of Secure, Unsecure, Ports and TLS/SSL combinations and it's always the same result.

Even tried the PHP built-in mail system, it 'said' the mail went out fine. But after an hour, it's still not arrived.

Any Ideas?
https://albertadualsport.ca/admin.php?options/emailTransport/email-transport-setup

Most email issues can be resolved by following the email troubleshooting guide,

It was written for XF1, but the same principles apply.

Yeah,

No joy there. Like I said the Xenforo Installation is behind a Sophos Firewall, with Any/Any/Allow outbound. The Sophos Box itself has no issues sending E-Mails out (When I log into it) so I know that the Mail Server itself is working fine. it's just Xenforo itself that seems to be unable to connect for whatever reason. Maybe I'm missing a PHP Module (Although the requirements script checks out OK) or some other switch somewhere I cannot seem to find?

Yep,

Re Verified, Logins form the Firewall in front of the Forums sends e-Mails fine. With the exact same setup on the Xenforo I get this error...

• Swift_TransportException: Email to [My-E-Mail-Address] failed: Connection could not be established with host [my-mail-server]:stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to [my-mail-server] (Network is unreachable)
  • src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:269

I'm at a loss here.....

Sounds almost like the port is blocked by the host.

Nope....

I'm the host... :) The setup is like this...

Xenforo ---> Firewall ---> Internet

The firewall can send E-Mails with the exact same configuration that I have set in Xenforo

The Firewall has a Rule stating From ANY (Internal), To ANY (External), ALLOW. So DNS, Dig, NSlookup, Ping, it all resolves correctly but for whatever reason Xenforo refuses to resolve the Hostname for the Mail Server. The underlying OS has no issues (OpenSuse) but Xenforo seems unable to figure it out....

If you’ve went through all the troubleshooting steps, I’d submit a ticket with XF then. That would be the quickest way to get this fixed.

Top Bottom