XF 2.2 Unable to install

svaughn114

I'm attempting to install a second copy (for testing/development purposes) in a subdomain on my server, but it will not install.

I've attempted copying my live XF files over to the new subdomain and uploaded fresh install files, which neither have worked.

I've tried everything I know to do. Please help.

You should outline all the steps you're taking.

@Brogan made a guide too in case you haven't seen it or followed its directions - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-duplicate-a-live-site-to-use-as-a-test-site.2792/

That is the exact article I referred to after an unsuccessful install.

I created a new directory, "subdomain.mysite.com". I then uploaded all downloaded install files into that directory. I should then be able to navigate to "subdomain.mysite.com/install", correct?

I have created a new database and added a new user to that database (along with changing it in config.php.

I even tried using my existing working database, to no avail.

I've tried installing this four times now.

Basically, after getting all files into the proper directory (the new one I created), I navigate to "subdomain.mysite.com/install" and it will either say it can't connect or it goes to a generic search page of my ISP.

Basically, after getting all files into the proper directory (the new one I created), I navigate to "subdomain.mysite.com/install" and it will either say it can't connect or it goes to a generic search page of my ISP.
Sounds like you haven't configured the A name records on your domain to point the subdomain to your server.

I'm at an absolute loss. I have tried so many ways of creating a test forum. I have created a new test database with a new test user for that database with all privileges. I have tried exporting the live database into the test database and even tried a new, fresh install on my name.domain.com subdomain. My DNS settings have been checked a million times cloudflare and everything is correct.

I continuously keep getting sent to some random domain that isn't mine and says the page can't be displayed. I'm not getting anywhere with this.

I am following the guide from Brogan in the link above. Oh, and I've changed my config.php status several times. Checked and rechecked. ?????

@Brogan

So I have copied the files from my live forums into domain.com/test, and it's working ONLY with my live database credentials. When I attempt to use my test database credentials in config.php, it throws an error. Do I need to use a test database with a test user, or a test database with my live forums user?

If you can log in to the production site with the admin account then there is no reason you wouldn't be able to log in to the test site with the admin account, unless the database dump and restore has been corrupted in some way.

Top Bottom