XF 2.2 Unable to enable 'Enable board URL canonicalization'

nodle

I did an import tonight and was getting everything setup, but for some reason I am unable to enable 'Enable board URL canonicalization'. When enabled it get the error "To many redirects" and just a blank page. I can't quite figure it out. I have the website address correct in Board URL. I did move my forum to the root and I have checked .htaccess along with config.php and everything looks good. Anyone have any ideas on what I might be missing? Thanks!

I have freshly installed forum, it was working all fine and I created the forum structure as well.

Now I came back to my forum after few days and I can see my forum gives Internal Server Error when I click on any thread or post.
My forum front homepage loads fine only I can not use it every click action takes me to that Internal Server Error page.

I checked the forum folders with my other forum site, they are all same same permissions, so it can not be permissions error.
However my this forum keeps adding some IP addresses inside the .htaccess when I delete those IP's then .htaccess generates it again. So I went to my hosting company, they checked everything is fine from my server side. They told me it could be from XF blocking the bad requested and it can be something to related with "Enable board URL canonicalization".

So I searched about it and landed on this thread, I have no idea what is causing my forum for that, if anyone has any idea please help me. I would be so thankful for that.

Best regards

Those messages are generated by the web server and not XenForo, so you would need to check your web server error logs (different than the XF server error log) to see what might be causing it. XF also does not attempt to modify .htaccess so that would be down to something else.

Those messages are generated by the web server and not XenForo, so you would need to check your web server error logs (different than the XF server error log) to see what might be causing it. XF also does not attempt to modify .htaccess so that would be down to something else.
My hosting company checked the error log, they were not able to find anything related to my this specific forum domain, I have two more XF forums also on the same hosting and they are fine, this is my third new XF forum and I am facing the issues. I am able to login to my forum admin panel only but the rest of the click action on my forum takes me to Internal Server Error .
In my forum admin panel, I see my XF is fully up to date and there is no error log also, I rebuilt the forum sections/ thread/ cache everything looks fine in forum admin panel. Please @Jeremy P can I send you my forum link in private message? You might get a better idea once visit my forum.

An internal server error is a web server error. There will be errors of some sort in your server error log, your host is either lying or incompetent. In the event the misconfiguration is something in .htaccess, you might try replacing it with the standard XenForo one or removing it (and disabling friendly URLs).

Top Bottom