Ubuntu's got to be kidding me

Lucas

It's late... I'm tired... I've re-downloaded it 3 times from 3 different mirrors. I've burned it on my PC and on my Mac. I've used two different damn CD readers to try and install it, and the darn thing won't boot correctly. Keeps throwing the SQUASHFS error, meaning either the CD's were not copied correctly, the ISO was not correctly downloaded or my CD drives aren't working correctly.

I've ran out of options... hell will break loose.

Yup, the ISO works just fine when mounted, even thought the MD5 hash is not the one shown on Ubuntu's website. (I don't get it, I downloaded it 3 times from 3 different mirrors, including my PC and my Mac).

Well, what you're saying is pretty much my 3 CD readers are messed up, sounds too much like a coincidence to me.

Also he could try VMware and make a Virtual appliance right? That should tell him if it's a corrupted iso or a hamstrung optical drive I believe.

Yup, the ISO works just fine when mounted, even thought the MD5 hash is not the one shown on Ubuntu's website. (I don't get it, I downloaded it 3 times from 3 different mirrors, including my PC and my Mac).

Well, what you're saying is pretty much my 3 CD readers are messed up, sounds too much like a coincidence to me.

It could the the blank CDs .. defunct, cheap walmart quality :D

are your disk drives internal or external... I have had troubles installing from usb externals on some boxes and flawless on others , same os .

I managed to get it working. Had to re-download the issue from a US mirror using an internet download manager. This time the MD5 matched and was able to boot the installation.

Top Bottom