1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ubuntu 13.10 - released

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adam Howard, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I've been using it since the early alpha and beta stage... Was always fairly stable and the last beta, I couldn't find any bugs at all (at least not on my setup).

Been using Gnome with GDM though. Not exactly a Unity fan or a lightdm fan.

Note: Should be a while before all the repositories have the final version online, but the main server has it. Also keep in mind the default iso will now be 64 bit (once they update the site). There is still is a 32 bit version though.

http://releases.ubuntu.com/saucy/

Attached Files:

2. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

I'm still using 12.04. Because somehow pidgin doesn't work on 12.10. So I had to revert back to 12.04.

3. Adam Howard

Pidgin, eh? You must really love that little online chat program in order to revert your whole OS for it. lol :p

Pidgin works fine in 13.10. I did a quick install and all was working. Of course, I'm not usually an online chat person (well, of course I do like forums though).

4. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

I do. It allows me to login using different account from different type in just one program. (y)

FYI, I need to login into gmail, gmail apss via xmpp and 2 Yahoo! everyday. :D Something that Empathy can't do.

Adam Howard likes this.
  5. Adam Howard

6. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know

Adam Howard likes this.
  7. Teapot

Teapot Well-Known Member

Haven't played with Ubuntu or Gnome in about a year. Might fire up a VM and see what's new. Thanks for sharing. :)

Adam Howard likes this.