Typography Addiction

LOL True... but probably an addiction that does you good not harm :p

I used to do Calligraphy.. by hand that is, did a course ages ago, not really done any for a long time though...hmmm maybe I should hand write my own font for that project I was telling you about!
Thats another way to do typography; hand draw the glyph, scan and then finish it in Photoshop/Illustrator/Fontographer/Font Studio.

And it does do harm... To my wallet :p.

Thats another way to do typography; hand draw the glyph, scan and then finish it in Photoshop/Illustrator/Fontographer/Font Studio.

And it does do harm... To my wallet :p.

Interesting... hmmm might give that some thought/experiementation!

LOL... meh.. it's only money ;)

Interesting... hmmm might give that some thought/experiementation!

LOL... meh.. it's only money ;)

I'll find a guide for you, and look for one for Shelley as well.

I haven't done typography in like 3 years, so I have to get re-acquainted with it before I can actually give pointers :p.

That's mainly because the truetype version of Times New Roman is poorly done. The font itself is fine. For a better looking serif font try Georgia.

All of the old Windows fonts are quite ugly and Arial is one of the worst.
General feeling is: If its pre-installed, or comes with software it is probably ugly as sin.

There are a few fonts that prove that wrong, but for the most part you have to agree its true :p.

There are a few fonts that prove that wrong.

....... Candara ♥

20061118134749!Candara_font.svg

Candara.gif

That's pretty.

Only thing that bothers me is the alignment of the numbers on the last light. It's actually the same thing that bothers me with the text used here.

Yes it is pretty.. I quite like the funky number alignment, but I can see why not everyone would like that.

candara.webp

General feeling is: If its pre-installed, or comes with software it is probably ugly as sin.

There are a few fonts that prove that wrong, but for the most part you have to agree its true :p.

We'll need to talk about fonts sometime well rather some suggestions, I normally use the same old fonts in my online designs but more than willing to migrate from the default. It's more out of laziness on my part in searching for fonts o_O

We'll need to talk about fonts sometime well rather some suggestions, I normally use the same old fonts in my online designs but more than willing to migrate from the default. It's more out of laziness on my part in searching for fonts o_O
You can add my IM accounts in my profile if you want.

My comp is up nearly 24/7/365 so I rarely miss anything :D.

The new Windows fonts (Candara and Calibri - both sans-serif and Constantia - serif) are way better than the old Windows fonts.

Trebuchet MS is another good looking font that can serve as a replacement for Verdana or Tahoma.

Also, web sites should get rid of Courier New - it's horrible and the first thing I do when I need a monospaced font is to replace the default Courier font with Consolas.

The new Windows fonts (Candara and Calibri - both sans-serif and Constantia - serif) are way better than the old Windows fonts.

Trebuchet MS is another good looking font that can serve as a replacement for Verdana or Tahoma.

Also, web sites should get rid of Courier New - it's horrible and the first thing I do when I need a monospaced font is to replace the default Courier font with Consolas.
Most of the new fonts for Windows were designed by Luca de Groot who is an amazing typographer. Those are about the only exceptions other than Helvetica.

Top Bottom