• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Two-Step Verification Code Not Being Sent

Hi there,

When trying to log in, I'm prompted for a two-step verification code. However, no code has been sent to my designated e-mail account as of late - thus, preventing me from logging in on my secondary account.

I have tried disabling this feature with my main admin account under "General Permissions" but unfortunately, I am still prompted for two step verification while logging in.

How do I generate a backup code using my admin account under this circumstance? Also, how do I resolve the "no verification email being sent" crisis?

Thank you for the help.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It needs to be explicitly set up by members unless you are forcing it in the user group permissions.

There is a config.php switch to disable it, which will enable you to log in.
PHP:
$config['enableTfa'] = false;

Thank you Amaury and Brogan.

Brogan : How would I go about installing that PHP code? Sorry about the newness but is there documentation out there somewhere?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If you have access to the ACP via another administrator account then you can use the method posted by amaury above.

$config['enableTfa'] = false;

In regards to this, would it be possible to quickly summarize in a few steps how I would go about inserting this code snippet?