Two questions

K, first, I'm custom making my own style, and I have virtually everything done...but I can't find the style property that includes the footer for the page (style chooser,contact us, home, top)

Second, I'm trying to figure out how to turn on the profile fields under the avatar on the left side in threads? Nothing custom, just the ones that XF already has, like join date, postcount, etc.

ProfileFields.png

K, first, I'm custom making my own style, and I have virtually everything done...but I can't find the style property that includes the footer for the page (style chooser,contact us, home, top)
You need to edit your templates :

Admin Control Panel => Appearance => Templates => footer

Search and find :

Code:
<li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation">{xen:phrase go_to_top}</a></li>
            </xen:hook>
            </ul>

<span class="helper"></span>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

Above it, add your footer links :

Code:
<li><a href="http://www.example.com/">Anchor Text</a></li>

I believe he wants to style the footer elements not add a link.
In which case the classes are:

#copyright .concealed
.footerLinks
#legal
.footer .choosers

As per the thread listed above though, it's better to add any edits to EXTRA.css as that makes it easier come upgrade time.

This thread will help with footer links: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/remove-the-underline-on-hover-from-the-footer-links.8974/

The options for the message template are in the ACP -> Style Properties -> Message Elements

Err...I guess I explained that badly. I'm trying to change the color of the footer, not remove anything from it. I can change it by changing the color palette, but that changes other stuff that I want to keep as is, so I'm trying to find the specific style property group that includes the footer. I haven't had much trouble finding all the other individual parts I need, but for some reason I just can't seem to find that one.

Err...I guess I explained that badly. I'm trying to change the color of the footer, not remove anything from it. I can change it by changing the color palette, but that changes other stuff that I want to keep as is, so I'm trying to find the specific style property group that includes the footer.
The Style Properties include multiple elements so changing a colour will affect several things.

If you want to change the colour of a specific item then you will need to edit the css.
For the footer the class is .footer .pageContent

Really? I can change everything else individually (well, virtually everything). Managed to manually re-style my entire site without any coding (I really don't like code)...except for the footer. Blarg. Oh well, thanks.

Found the profile options in messages, thanks.

Right...custom code...I dunno any of that :D I was sooooo close to doing my whole style without doing any. Kinda weird that every other part of the site can be custom controlled from within the Style Property Groups, but not the footer. But if I have to code...well, time for adventure into the unknown!

What it looks like to me, he who doesn't code, would be that maybe I could change @primaryMedium to @primaryLightest, which is already the color I want the footer to be?

Code:
.footer .pageContent
{
    background: @primaryMedium;
    border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;
    border-bottom-right-radius: 5px;
    overflow: hidden; zoom: 1;
    font-size: 11px;
}

Would that work? Or is there some code that I could add to do the same thing, so I wouldn't mess up my next upgrade?

Well the software is still Beta and the Style Properties system is being expanded all the time so it may be possible in the next release.

If you add this to EXTRA.css then it should achieve what you want:

Code:
.footer .pageContent {
    background: @primaryLightest !important;
}

So...it turns out I have a third question :confused:

Do you know the Style Property Group which includes the background for the popup thread preview when you mouseover a thread in a subforum index? Or, if not, which css to copy/modify?

The color used should be @contentBackground, if that helps.

Edit: here is an example, since my description is...bad. Note the see through preview, which makes it really hard to read. Currently, the only thing on the color palette that is clear is the @contentBackground, but I used search templates to look for that, and didn't find anything promising.

Popup.png

That's in Style Properties -> Overlays and Tooltips -> Preview Tooltip

However, I reported that as not working properly so it should be fixed in the next release.

In the meantime you can edit the .xenPreviewTooltip class which is found in xenforo.css

Just add any edits to EXTRA.css as before using the same class names.

Interesting. I dunno what isn't working properly, but I edited mine in the style properties and its working just fine now with now css addition.

Was right where you said it was, though. Thanks!

Question number 4! It turns out I'm a horrible liar, and there will probably be many more after this. So terrible...

In any event, I'm trying to find the Style Property Group that controls the login window at the top of the screen so I can change the color of the text you write into the input box.

If there isn't one, then would pasting this into extra.css work?

Code:
#loginBar
{
    color: @primaryDarker;
}

You need to use the #loginBar .textCtrl class for that.

It should be fine in EXTRA.css, you may need to use the !important declaration though.

Hrm, I'm doing something wrong...I have the following in EXTRA.css
Code:
#loginBar .textCtrl
    {
        background: @primaryDark;
        border-color: @primaryLightish;
        color: @primaryDarker;
    }
but the text is still primaryLightest.

Try using !important to force it.

Code:
#loginBar .textCtrl