1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two questions before buying

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by r4tr4tr4t, Mar 31, 2014.

1. r4tr4tr4t

r4tr4tr4t New Member

Hello xenForo team, im looking forward to buying your forum system for a fitness based community that i run, but first i have a couple of questions:

1. Will it fully integrate with my current Joomla 3 website + EasySocial ?
    2. Does it have a full spanish language package ?

Thanks in advance!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. r4tr4tr4t

r4tr4tr4t New Member

hey Brogan thanks for the reply, its nice to see a full spanish pack
    about the integration, is the custom development done by you guys ? or by a third party? in either case, do you know more or less how much would it cost ??

thanks in advance

4. Brogan

You would need to hire a developer/third party for any custom work such as that.

Only the developers can give you a rough idea of price.

5. r4tr4tr4t

r4tr4tr4t New Member

I see, one last question Brogan, as i don't currently have the budget for custom development, which is currently the joomla-supported forum system with the most seamless transition to xenforo (phpbb, kunena, etc) ?? that way i will just stick with that option until you guys implement the joomla integration support and then i'll just make the transition to XF

thanks again for your help

6. r4tr4tr4t

r4tr4tr4t New Member

no suggestion ?

7. Brogan

Unfortunately I have no idea about anything to do with Joomla; I have no idea what it is.

I can only suggest you search the forums and resources.

8. imno007

imno007 Active Member

You can check out jFusion here:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-access/authentication-bridges/3723?qh=YToxOntpOjA7czo1OiJwaHBiYiI7fQ==

But before you ask, I've never personally used it, and haven't used Joomla in a long time. ;)

9. r4tr4tr4t

r4tr4tr4t New Member

thanks mate, unfortunately doesnt mention xenforo, i hope the XF team dedicate some time for a joomla integration =(

10. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Maybe contacting them and asking them to add XenForo support? ;)

11. Clay Culver

Clay Culver Member

12. jdj

jdj Member

I'm also interested in this: I use Joomla, it's an open-source content management system. Free to download and very easy to use. One of the other software providers I use uses joomla integrated with vBulletin to run their site.

If there was a good Xenforo integration with Joomla I'd be more inclined to use xenforo.

13. Tracy Perry

Which begs the question.... did vB write the interface to Joomla or did someone that is with/uses Joomla do it?

14. jdj

jdj Member

I've no idea who wrote it. The content-management-system replacement just turned up in vBulletin 5 so given that Joomla is a massively popular content management system I'd have thought there'd be some interest in this.

15. Tracy Perry

Quickly looking around, it looks like those are all third party bridges between the two (which is normal for a forum software package to have the bridge written by somebody else and not the forum coders). Was just curious because of all the forum software packages I've used none of them have had bridges written by the core forum developers.

16. jdj

jdj Member

I don't know; mostly I'm too busy to look. I just deploy what's easy to deploy. I use vBulletin 4 and I've not upgraded to vBulletin 5 before now because of the absence of the replacement for the vBulletin 4 content management system, and the absence of the calendar. I use Joomla, it is a CMS and it has blogs. I'm guessing there'll be a calendar somewhere available via Joomla. So at the moment it's still easier for me to use vB4 or vB5 because the CMS is now integrated into vB5 although the events calendar is still missing. If there was a good integration between Xenforo and Joomla it would be worth my while taking a look, but without one it's not much use to me.

17. r4tr4tr4t

r4tr4tr4t New Member

damn such a bummer =/

jdj if you had a joomla website right now, which forum package would you use ?

18. Clay Culver

Clay Culver Member

If there is enough interest I can look into this further and see how hard/difficult it would be to do. The soonest I would be able to start looking at it is in two weeks as I am currently doing my day job and have a fairly moderated/filtered internet connection where I am staying.

19. jdj

jdj Member

Answer to the question "...if you had a joomla website right now, which forum package would you use?" is it depends upon who makes it easiest for me to integrate a forum with a content management system, blogs and an events calendar.

One of the other software packages I use has managed to integrate vBulletin 4 with their site. Don't know what the entire site is built in but I know they use Joomla for their blogs (because I asked). Joomla is a free to download CMS which I use for a basic website. If you could integrate xenforo with Joomla with a single login I'd be interested in looking at it because there's probably a calendar and blogs addon somewhere that can be added to Joomla.

20. jdj

jdj Member

Anyone else interested in this or has it died?