Two questions about forum read/unread graphics

Ingenious

Thinking now about future tweaking of my new xF forum and two questions...

1. Seen a lot of excellent smileys and user rank graphics but not a lot of replacement images for the forum read/unread icons on the main page (currently speech bubbles or a sheet of paper for a page or forward). Would be nice to see some new ones :)

2. I quite like the idea of having a different image per forum, related to that forum (in two versions, normal and faded out, for read or unread messages). Kier, Mike, is this likely to be an easy thing to do through the admin, have a custom image per forum, or is the default forum package set to use a global image for all forums. If the latter, is this likely to be easy to modify in a template?

I quite like the idea of having a different image per forum, related to that forum (in two versions, normal and faded out, for read or unread messages). Kier, Mike, is this likely to be an easy thing to do through the admin, have a custom image per forum, or is the default forum package set to use a global image for all forums. If the latter, is this likely to be easy to modify in a template?
It's a bit of a pain right now. The images are chosen based on CSS classes, which can be helpful and very flexible... But it does make individual customization a little more of a pain.

If we added the node ID as a class, that would make it easier, though it may not be how people expect it to work.

Top Bottom