Two parallel license (VB and Xenforo) - User Synch

Khalid

Hello,

I currently have VB license in my forums and would like to run another license with Xenforo for the same community. I want to allow user registration on the VB license only and get the users synchronized with Xenforo.
Is this addon available? Probably it should be a VB addon but how difficult/easy to do if it is not available?
You help is appreciated.

I'm not aware of any add-ons that actually do it, but it would be possible to do this using the post-save hook in the vBulletin user data manager, causing all changes to be reflected in the XF database.

Thanks Kier for your reply.

I guess it should be some user registeration hook becuase I am not interrested in synch the posts. Only the users.
Attaching to the vBulletin userdata_postsave hook will do exactly what you want for registration and profile updates. My suggestion had nothing to do with posts.

Attaching to the vBulletin userdata_postsave hook will do exactly what you want for registration and profile updates. My suggestion had nothing to do with posts.
That is fine and dandy but the problem still lies in tying together both systems so when you login to one your logged into the other. Right now Zend_Ldap comes with XenForo and Zend but there is no documentation on doing this method. Maybe you could give a video or some insight there Kier.

Yes. I was misled by the "post-save hook" and I thought this hook is after saving a post but it is "after saving the user data" ... my bad.

I hope someone can help us get this add-on for at least regsiteration.

If you want an add-on coding for XenForo, you will need to post in the add-on requests forum.
That is a customer only forum though, so you will need to be associated with a license to do so.

Obviously if you want the add-on coding for vB then you will need to post on the appropriate site.

Top Bottom