Twitter turn off API 1.0

Yeah, somebody posting something off topic in the off topic forum.. watch out ;)

His post history shows he is a paid customer. The Twitter API seems relevant enough to the webmasters and developers that might be on this forum.

Wants some Cheese with your spam? (maybe its not spam, but sure is fishey...)
So an XF customer posting a link to the official Twitter blog post about changes to the Twitter API, which could have an affect on some XF mods, is "spam" and/or "fishey" to you? o_O

In BlackJacket's defense .... We've been getting hit with a lot of short, 1 line post, with links to spam.

API 1.1 is here. What's new

^ Which would look like something like this .....very short... ie... 4 words, 1 line (not counting link words), and link

I think he simply jump the gun. Innocent mistake. (It's not like most people verify spam links or not).

(It's not like most people verify spam links or not).
Since the post had to do with Twitter, as opposed to "Cheap Gucci Bags!" (or whatever the latest round of spam is), it would be hoped that the link would be given at least a quick glance before declared to be spam.

Since the post had to do with Twitter, as opposed to "Cheap Gucci Bags!" (or whatever the latest round of spam is), it would be hoped that the link would be given at least a quick glance before declared to be spam.
Not really.

I've gotten such post on my site. And trust me... You don't want to go about clicking every random spam link.

Top Bottom