1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter Cards

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by kingston, Jun 5, 2013.

1. kingston

kingston Well-Known Member

Is there a way to do have those deep immersive twitter 'cards' come up when I post a link to my forum on twitter?

A good example of this is when someone tweets a link to a product in iTunes.
    HenrikHansen likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. ManOnDaMoon

ManOnDaMoon Well-Known Member

Ah nope @Brogan, these are not Twitter Cards.
    Twitter cards are basically additional info from the site that is shown on twitter.

More info

I'm interested in this and I started an implementation but did not finish anything yet.
    kingston likes this.
  4. kingston

@Brogan @ManOnDaMoon

Yes that is it! To increase interaction from people on twitter I think this is a needed update. Our cheer community has about 500,000 people but only 95,000 visit our board a month. Pretty much all of them are connected via twitter and I want to entice more visitors because of interesting topics via Twitter.
  5. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

That looks to only be a detail link of a tweet. eg.. the detail link or my post here?
    This doesn't been to be in the "core" maybe an addon but not in the core. Many admins don't use or have a use for twitter. ;)
    Tracy Perry likes this.
  6. kingston

Sorry, I didn't mean it needed to be added into core. Just an add-on that needs to exist.
  7. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

ya I'm not sure where I got that from, I'm going to have to chalk it up to not enough coffee this morning..lol :coffee: