• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tweet Per-Post

You're right Brogan but how will users know they have to click the post number to share the individual post? Is it possible to split the share this link away from the post number. EG...

#40 Like Reply Share This Post

Easily done.

Edit the post template as follows.

Edit the line just below <div class="publicControls"> to this:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase permalink}" class="item muted postNumber" data-href="{xen:link posts/permalink, $post}">#{xen:calc '{$post.position} + 1'}</a

Then add this:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase share_this_post}" class="item control postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger" data-href="{xen:link posts/permalink, $post}">{xen:phrase share_this_post}</a>

Just after this:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$canReply}">
    <a href="{xen:link threads/reply, $thread, 'quote={$post.post_id}'}" data-postUrl="{xen:link posts/quote, $post}" class="ReplyQuote item control reply" title="{xen:phrase reply_quoting_this_message}"><span></span>{xen:phrase reply}</a>
</xen:if>

Then create a new share_this_post phrase.

You may also want to edit the permalink_for_post_x phrase, to change it in the overlay.

I changed the order so it looks like this on my site.

controls.webp

@brogan

i remember seeing a post on how to turn the Like, Reply, Share links into images but i cant find it now. Do you remember?

Top Bottom