• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tutorial: Sub Forum Grid Listing...

Been wanting to mess with this and finally had time this AM.. did mine a little different. Only wanted the Sub Forum Grids on 2 forums and the rest remaining default xenforo. Also wanted 64 (32 new, 32 old) images for each of the 32 sub forums. Still have some tweaking that I want to do, but its coming along nicely :) Each Team uses 2 images (node_id-new.png and node_id-old.png).

View attachment 12329

That's great Bobster! Lookin' good! :)

Reactions: Bob
Is this going to be part of the core code or is anyone working on an addon? Just checking before I do any more template edits.

Thank you so much Jaxel!
This should be available by default as an option. Please, xenforo, add the hooks :)

Hi Jaxel,

what is:

Code:
<xen:require css="EWRcustom_forum_list.css" />

in
  1. node_category_level_2
  2. node_forum_level_2
  3. node_link_level_2
  4. node_page_level_2
good for?!

Regards,

Tobi

Hi Jaxel,

what is:

Code:
<xen:require css="EWRcustom_forum_list.css" />

in
  1. node_category_level_2
  2. node_forum_level_2
  3. node_link_level_2
  4. node_page_level_2
good for?!

Regards,

Tobi
Whoops... my mistake... I don't actually use EXTRA.css on my website. I apply all my edits to my own custom mod. Then I include my needed templates/css, etc through hooks.

Hi Guys, I think this edit is great. I'm by no means a designer, so the fact that I found it easy is saying something. :)

Three quick questions... On my site, the sub-forums "box" extends just a little further than the latest message boxes in the previous and next forums... not a big deal, but would be nice if they aligned.

The sub-forum drop-down list is just that, a list. I think I saw somewhere else where it was in a grid layout?

Is it possible to have the sub-forum description pop up when hovering over the sub-forum name? "S1E01" may not mean much, "Winter is Coming" does.

Here is the link to where I'm using sub-forums:

http://westeros.com/forum/#game-of-thrones.4

Best,
Reece

was wondering if someone might be able to help me a bit, been messing with it, but I guess I'm just not good enough at CSS yet to get it to work correctly.

I'm using the flexile. I'm trying to get the subforums, which look like the below image using the instructions in this thread
subforum_before.png

to look like this:
subforum_after.png

I moved the code from the end of node_category_level_2 to before the last </div> but that doesn't seem to work, plus I can't figure out how to remove the class that's assigned to it to get it like I've got pictured.

I'd love some help :)

My current extra.css looks like this:

Code:
/* Start Subforum Grid */
    .subForumsGrid { padding-right: 4px; }
    .subForumsGrid .blockLinksGrid { width: 100%; display: inline-block; }
    .subForumsGrid .fullWidth { width: 100% !important; padding-bottom: 4px; }
    .subForumsGrid .node { width: 20%; float: left; }
    .subForumsGrid .node ol { padding-left: 10px; }
    .subForumsGrid .node  a { padding: 5px 10px 5px 18px; }
    .subForumsGrid .node .node a { padding: 0px 10px 1px 18px; }
    .subForumsGrid .node .nodeTitle { font-size: 11px; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden; }
    .subForumsGrid .node div { background: url('@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/read.png') no-repeat 0px 50%; }
    .subForumsGrid .node div.unread { background: url('@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/unread.png') no-repeat 0px 50%; }
    .subForumsGrid .node div,
    .subForumsGrid .node div a:hover
    {
        background-image: url('@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/read.png');
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-position: 0px 50%;
    }
    .subForumsGrid .node div.unread,
    .subForumsGrid .node div.unread a:hover
    {
        background-image: url('@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/unread.png');
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-position: 0px 50%;
    }
/* End Subforum Grid*/

That's where I was looking... forums/styles/default/xenforo/?
is it a standalone css file or is it embedded css within a html/php file?

Top Bottom