Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone [Deleted]

I'm confused, so I applied for the free version of this. And it's just a wrapper for the mobile version of my forum with shortcuts to things like the top posts. It doesn't even keep you logged in and there are no notifications or anything.

That isn't how it is. I have sites on the free version. They do keep my users logged in, and they get notifications just fine.

That isn't how it is. I have sites on the free version. They do keep my users logged in, and they get notifications just fine.

I'm using 3 different forums owned by different people who are all using TMA and none of them are giving me push notifications to the phone. Does the app actually have to be published in the app store first, before some features work?

Im speaking specifically about iOS

I'm using 3 different forums owned by different people who are all using TMA and none of them are giving me push notifications to the phone. Does the app actually have to be published in the app store first, before some features work?

I have 7 TMA/FMA apps in the app store, and all of them work for push notifications on iOS. I never tried using them before they were published in the app store, so I couldn't answer that, but they definitely work in terms of push notifications.

vbresults whats your email, I cannot PM you. Id like to discuss a few things with you personally.
Email help+center@turnkeymobileapps.com.
I have 7 TMA/FMA apps in the app store, and all of them work for push notifications on iOS. I never tried using them before they were published in the app store, so I couldn't answer that, but they definitely work in terms of push notifications.

There is a fixed bug in the add-on causing this, but we cannot officially announce the update until the next scheduled release, so most forums don't have the fix. You can apply the update immediately by downloading the add-on again and overwriting the existing files.

Last edited:
When it costs almost two times of what the forum software costs then there is reason for concern I guess.
I have wanted just to suggest to fix the price on mobile app as it's already done in flynax classified software. And price is already fixed :)

Guys you are moving the right way.

Is price fixed for 1 year/forever?

There is a fixed bug in the add-on causing this, but we cannot officially announce the update until the next scheduled release, so most forums don't have the fix. You can apply the update immediately by downloading the add-on again and overwriting the existing files.
TMA is also an XF add-on? I thought it was a mobile device app only? (Ref.)
What functionality does the add-on provide/support for the mobile apps?

TMA is also an XF add-on? I thought it was a mobile device app only? (Ref.)
What functionality does the add-on provide/support for the mobile apps?
You are conflating "API" with "add-on", these are not the same. Given that every app prior to ours brought the two together under a single package making them indistinguishable, I completely understand how it can be confusing.

The add-on does everything, but this one does not need an API. Explaining the differences, it's such a big subject the answer could be an article. To put it briefly, the add-on handles cross-communication between forum <-> app, and forum <-> push server.

You do realize that if such a package was sold for lifetime updates it would cost probably cost several several thousands of dollars. Not many people have that kind of revenue.
I have recently purchased Flynax classifieds software and it has Android App that costs usd 295.
Let me share discussion I had with sales:
***qte***
Me: Hi, I have a question regarding android app: how long does license last? Is it usd 295 / 1 year long? Do I have to prolong license by paying usd 295 annually?
Flynax: The Android, iOS application or Web Version is one time payment license. you pay just once and get the software/app for live
Me: Are android software app update will be free lifetime?
Flynax: nope, update is free but upgrade will cost you 95 USD
Me: How many versions do you release per year (roughly)?
Flynax: about 2-3 updates, and 1-2 upgrades (usually 1 upgrade)
***unqte***

Aforementioned Flynax prices are high but they are better than paying usd 295 annually ;). And I do believe the amount of Xenforo customers is several times bigger than Flynax has.

You are conflating "API" with "add-on"
Nope, when you communicate effectively with information then it removes vagueness.

To put it briefly, the add-on handles cross-communication between forum <-> app, and forum <-> push server.
Right, so the add-on could be updated to support functionality for stopping forum <-> app communication based on user group without the need for a support having to be in a seperate custom add-on.

I re-uploaded and overwrote the files. Do I also have to update the addon itself? And if so, is an uninstall/reinstall needed or just update?

Right, so the add-on could be updated to support functionality for stopping forum <-> app communication based on user group without the need for a support having to be in a seperate custom add-on.
Technically, yes, in the add-on. But again, without sufficient interest from admins using the apps, I can't see this being implemented as a core feature any time soon.

There is no limitation preventing another custom add-on from providing a notice, or redirecting to another (subscription?) page, etc., but it has to be custom coded.
I re-uploaded and overwrote the files. Do I also have to update the addon itself? And if so, is an uninstall/reinstall needed or just update?
No add-on import or uninstall/reinstall is required for this specific fix, just file overwrites, so you are set for this patch.

Last edited:
No add-on import or uninstall/reinstall is required for this specific fix, just file overwrites, so you are set for this patch.

One suggestion for the future is to specify with each update what is needed. The previous update packages said that uninstall / reinstall was needed for major upgrades but didn't specify whether the particular update was major or minor. Would be helpful to know exactly what is needed each time.

Is it possible to recoup the investment by charging readers for the app?

Do account upgrades work? i.e. can App users buy an account upgrade and does it connect to paypal like it normally does?

Are there any additional costs related to the App?

Last edited:

Do account upgrades work? i.e. can App users buy an account upgrade and does it connect to paypal like it normally does?

Are there any additional costs related to the App?
If you have app store accounts, and you set up a merchant accounts on each, you should be able to charge for the app to recoup your costs with no issues.

Add paypal.com and www.paypal.com to the add-on's domain whitelist so it can open in the app and yes account upgrades connect and work like normal.

Whitelist is what domains can open in-app. In 2.2, paypal will connect and open outside the app without modifying the whitelist (which is how it should work).

There are 3 plans: Turn-key (standard, we do the work and use our app store accounts), Enterprise (we do the work and use your app store accounts), and DIY.

(DIY means you do the work and use your store accounts, but it will be removed and replaced in 2.2 due to lack of popularity)

As mentioned earlier you need app store accounts to charge for the apps, and those carry their respective fees; you also need the TMA Enterprise plan which costs more.

There will be changes to make all plans (including Enterprise) more attainable in 2.2, so if you are interested, I recommend holding out until then.

If the app checked usergroup membership before allowing logon, that would be ideal. Then, so simply to allow paid user upgrades from right within our site.

If the app checked usergroup membership before allowing logon, that would be ideal.
While I understand what you mean, have to clarify this for others as it could be interpreted in another way by less technically-minded admins. With TMA, logins work the way your regular forum does, and has exactly the same protections, this is not an API-based app, and it doesn't take over the login process.

@Mouth is requesting the option to block (most) usergroups from the app, so app access can be sold as a user upgrade.

Then, so simply to allow paid user upgrades from right within our site.
Putting it into context with the situation above, I can see how your idea could theoretically remove the need for app store accounts.

That qualifies as an in-app purchase (benefit is received in-app only) and in such cases Apple/Google force you to use their payment system. They do this so that they can always take a 30% cut (their golden goose), if you don't like it they don't let you publish.

If you try to circumvent it, they eventually find out and ban you. Standard user upgrades don't count as in-app purchases because the benefits aren't app-only.

Last edited:
@vbresults 295.00 per year or one time? What happen after years? I am not available for update new version and can still use the old version? Settings > Nofitication setting coming soon > Still are not coming ? windows apps coming soon?

Top Bottom