Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone [Deleted]

TT had raised $4M in capital as well.

Honesty just took another look at their app and they seem to be making solid progress - Am very impressed that they are picking up on add-ons which effect permissions / notices etc. Might give them another try with their branded app as crazy as it sounds.

Honesty just took another look at their app and they seem to be making solid progress - Am very impressed that they are picking up on add-ons which effect permissions / notices etc. Might give them another try with their branded app as crazy as it sounds.
Which add-ons? Got examples where they pick up permissions etc?

turnkeymobileapps updated Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone with a new update entry:

Service Shutdown, Source Code Available

Apple's changes a few months ago have been a major obstacle to keeping our Mobile Apps service going; we have painstakingly worked to avoid a shutdown of the service.

TMA's services have been around since 2015, and largely kept going at great personal expense which can no longer be sustained; we did not consider suddenly vanishing to be an option, though.

We are no longer providing TMA as a service, and now only provide it as source code for those who wish to own it and host the apps...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Honestly if the source code/corresponding XF add-on was a reasonable price (say $400) with some basic instructions, I would probably jump on it - but this just seems high. $900 when you'll still need to go hire someone to customize it and get it setup...ouch

Do you know the costs involved in creating such an add-on and both of the the apps? You will get approx. 5 hours of work for $1000 from an app developer. If you find one who has time to do it. The price is not cheap but it's for sure reasonable as a starting point to create your own apps.

Do you know the costs involved in creating such an add-on and both of the the apps? You will get approx. 5 hours of work for $1000 from an app developer. If you find one who has time to do it. The price is not cheap but it's for sure reasonable as a starting point to create your own apps.

OK, let's not go overboard here. I regularly keep mobile developers on payroll for my other business from many many countries, some senior, some less so. They're not all charging outrageous rates. None at $200/hr yet (good on the ones that can get that rate).

As to the cost here? The author can charge whatever he/she wants, it's not a crime. Personally I would never charge for 'source' and would make money on services or subscriptions for maintenance but that's my personal experience and the model that lots of companies follow. But again, free internet. Live and let live.

I can bet it took a LOT more than $1000 to get where he is at, including API development, theme development and the market research he had to. It definitely serves as a good starting point but I feel it would be better if the potential buyers could actually try the app live to see it's existing features and decide based on that.

OK, let's not go overboard here. I regularly keep mobile developers on payroll for my other business from many many countries, some senior, some less so. They're not all charging outrageous rates. None at $200/hr yet (good on the ones that can get that rate).
I've worked with app developers charging $150/hr based on their specific skillset and I've seen plenty charging $200/hr. Anybody below $75/hr caused more headaches than quality work. If you know any good developers, please recommend. :)

There was surely a massive expense getting this kind of stuff going, particularly with native apps. Just a lot of work. I'm considering purchasing this, I'll need to know more abou tthe XF2 compatibility though, it does say XF2 at the bottom. Considering its a wrapper I'm hopeful. I'll need someone to do some maintaining of the addon to keep up with updates and some customization. If anyone has those skills and doesn't charge an arm and a leg let me know.

There was surely a massive expense getting this kind of stuff going, particularly with native apps. Just a lot of work. I'm considering purchasing this, I'll need to know more abou tthe XF2 compatibility though, it does say XF2 at the bottom. Considering its a wrapper I'm hopeful. I'll need someone to do some maintaining of the addon to keep up with updates and some customization. If anyone has those skills and doesn't charge an arm and a leg let me know.
It works with xF 2 the same way it does for xF 1, the only difference being that the Twenty Two skin is not provided since xF 2 has a more mobile friendly layout out of the box.
Honestly if the source code/corresponding XF add-on was a reasonable price
The prices are final.

I have more concern with the fact that they are shutting down due to issues with Apple app store approvals - Won't those same issues plague anyone who uses the source code?

I have more concern with the fact that they are shutting down due to issues with Apple app store approvals - Won't those same issues plague anyone who uses the source code?
The issue is with Apple preventing similar apps being published from the same account.

turnkeymobileapps updated Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone with a new update entry:

Turnkey Mobile Apps v2.5.0 (Source Code)

Bug Fixes
  • Photo crash
  • Android crashes
  • Quick thread form displays preview
New
  • Push notification settings are now integrated in the forum alert preferences instead of the app
Changes
  • Floating buttons removed, Composer and Photo icons now in title bar
  • App banner for Android now uses FB OG logo style property
Policy
  • We now only sell the source code to U.S. clients
  • The cut-off date for source...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom