Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone [Deleted]

Have you even read the Tapatalk thread here? Does that not grow concern that you can't trust them with your site?
If even governments are not too confident. Why would you worry about Tapatalk? That works at least without problems.

We are seriously considering purchasing this add-on, but we want to demo it first.

Note I am responding here because the contact link on www.turnkeymobileapps.com is broken and I have no way of contacting TurnKey.

broken.webp

I signed up as per the instructions for the demo and reached the screen where you are meant to download the add-on and tick the box confirming you have installed it.

example.webp

The link to download the add-on is broken.

broken 2.webp

I can not proceed to the next step.

We are seriously considering purchasing this add-on, but we want to demo it first.

Note I am responding here because the contact link on www.turnkeymobileapps.com is broken and I have no way of contacting TurnKey.

View attachment 153207

I signed up as per the instructions for the demo and reached the screen where you are meant to download the add-on and tick the box confirming you have installed it.

View attachment 153209

The link to download the add-on is broken.

View attachment 153208

I can not proceed to the next step.
Apologies, both have been fixed.

If I understand correctly, you are asking if the app saves logins so that if you log out, the next time you load the page, your username and password are already filled in and you just need to touch the login button rather than entering it manually for each login. This is not supported at this time, but it has been noted.
Exactly @turnkeymobileapps . This feature would be awesome as customers are used to it from a lot of other apps.

I'm testing this on our forum tonight, I think it has potential but as it stands right now, there are a few UI issues that would prevent us from implementing it. I'm doing all testing on an iPhone 6, so take this for what it is worth :)

Here are the problems I see from my few hours of playing with it --

1) When you launch the app, there should be an admin option so that if the user isn't logged in, then they are *forced* to the log in screen (with a password reset option too) -- or else they go no further. Otherwise, it is extremely confusing for the users. I don't care about unregistered 'guests browsing', we want people to register/log in.

2) After I managed to log in, it just goes to the forum list. There's no menu at the top of the screen, and it isn't obvious what to do next. After some study, I saw that pressing the "alerts" icon on the far right top loads the menu meatball, which then loads a menu. This is not at all intuitive, I know our users would be confused. I would like to at least have the option to have a short menu at the top of the screen with a few common options, unhidden.

3) The most common function used on our site -- far and away -- is "New Posts". Yet I could not find it *anywhere* in the app (!) Again, I'd like the "New Posts" link visible permanently at the top of the page, ie, in a menu that's always visible and stuck to the top. In fact, if I could just have a three item menu at the top: "New Posts | Forum List | Messages" that would be sufficient. And I'd like the option to have the site default to the "New Posts" list vs. a forum list right after someone logs in.

4) doesn't work with xenword -- if you use something like xenword for a homepage, the app will break when the 'home' link is used. There should be an option so that the 'home' link just doesn't appear if xenword or another bridge is being used. (I realize making the app work with external software like that would be challenging, so again, just the ability to kill the 'home' link would be great.)

5) The fonts are too small across the board -- I know that one is easy to adjust in the theme, so no worries there.

But 1-4 would need to be addressed before we can use this on our forum, I suspect our needs aren't unique. Thanks!

BTW @turnkeymobileapps , I didn't mean to sound unnecessarily negative; the app does work (and the push notifications are especially useful.) I think the issues I brought up could be ironed out without too much difficulty [possibly even with some template conditionals].

But as another thread addressed, if we don't make our mobile apps as smooth as the experience that a user gets with, say, the facebook app, then the game is over.

I'm happy to help test any updates.

Thanks!

I'm testing this on our forum tonight, I think it has potential but as it stands right now, there are a few UI issues that would prevent us from implementing it. I'm doing all testing on an iPhone 6, so take this for what it is worth :)

Here are the problems I see from my few hours of playing with it --

1) When you launch the app, there should be an admin option so that if the user isn't logged in, then they are *forced* to the log in screen (with a password reset option too) -- or else they go no further. Otherwise, it is extremely confusing for the users. I don't care about unregistered 'guests browsing', we want people to register/log in.

2) After I managed to log in, it just goes to the forum list. There's no menu at the top of the screen, and it isn't obvious what to do next. After some study, I saw that pressing the "alerts" icon on the far right top loads the menu meatball, which then loads a menu. This is not at all intuitive, I know our users would be confused. I would like to at least have the option to have a short menu at the top of the screen with a few common options, unhidden.

3) The most common function used on our site -- far and away -- is "New Posts". Yet I could not find it *anywhere* in the app (!) Again, I'd like the "New Posts" link visible permanently at the top of the page, ie, in a menu that's always visible and stuck to the top. In fact, if I could just have a three item menu at the top: "New Posts | Forum List | Messages" that would be sufficient. And I'd like the option to have the site default to the "New Posts" list vs. a forum list right after someone logs in.

4) doesn't work with xenword -- if you use something like xenword for a homepage, the app will break when the 'home' link is used. There should be an option so that the 'home' link just doesn't appear if xenword or another bridge is being used. (I realize making the app work with external software like that would be challenging, so again, just the ability to kill the 'home' link would be great.)

5) The fonts are too small across the board -- I know that one is easy to adjust in the theme, so no worries there.

But 1-4 would need to be addressed before we can use this on our forum, I suspect our needs aren't unique. Thanks!

turnkeymobileapps updated Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone with a new update entry:

Turnkey Mobile Apps v2.2.5

Changes
  • Decreased Android download size from 30MB (Phone)/34MB (Tablet) to 8MB/9MB
  • Decreased Android battery consumption significantly
  • Decreased Android startup time
  • Increased minimum Android version to 5.0 (Lollipop)
New
  • Floating buttons' visibility can be toggled with new module button
  • Floating buttons are now hidden by default
  • Push settings now load quickly even with hundreds of options
Fixes
  • Fixed file...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom