Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone [Deleted]

it is set to yes,

his add-on just doesnt work, i am not the only one having this problem, its not working for others also

Have any of these features been implemented?
Feature requests:
  1. Use alternative PUSH server.
  2. Share image / video from the phone to XFMG.
  3. Share file from the phone to XFRM.
  4. Use location to fill XF location.
  5. Add XF contacts to phone contacts.
  6. Send XF conversation to phone contact.
  7. Invite phone contacts to XF.
  8. Speech to post.
  9. Share calendar event to FS Events.
  10. PUSH notification preferences in XF account.

from the beginning, my push notifications still don't work
The admin of that site turned off the add-on required for push alerts because Android 4.0 and 4.1 support was removed in an upgrade. 4.0/4.1 was re-added in a few weeks but they since haven't re-enabled the add-on, so push alerts will not work for that site. As the admin was alerted, the app was scheduled for temporary removal;

It wasn't removed. Thank you for the reminder.
Have any of these features been implemented?

The groundwork has been laid for #1. The push server domain setting can be accessed in debug mode, and we have recently split the push server we use into a private repository separate from all of the other parts of the system. It now just needs to be made redistributable, but that may be a ways off.

This idea was conceived when we were submitting apps to other store accounts which we do not do anymore so there's not currently a reason to finish that last step and make the push server redistributable -- more on this here.

For me the main reason to buy apps for my sites would be mobile sharing. i.e. #2 & #3. That would be 80% of the reason to buy apps.

My review of this App on TAZ:
https://theadminzone.com/threads/a-new-mobile-app.139923/page-3#post-1049343

Updated feature request list:
  8. Speech to post.
  10. PUSH notification preferences in XF account
  11. Support Google Authenticator and Authy apps
  12. Support PayPal App
  13. XenBase support

Last edited:
My review of this App on TAZ:
https://theadminzone.com/threads/a-new-mobile-app.139923/page-3#post-1049343

Updated feature request list:
  8. Speech to post.
  10. PUSH notification preferences in XF account
  11. Support Google Authenticator and Authy apps
  12. Support PayPal App
  13. XenBase support
#10 is probably the most important thing in that list

but seeing how far this app came, i am pretty sure @vbresults will keep improving it until it becomes the standard

vbresults updated Mobile Apps for XenForo with Push Notifications [and Add-on Support], Android + iPhone/iPad with a new update entry:

* Turn-key Mobile Apps 1.2.3

iPhone and Android

• Sticky headers, menus, and other style/theme elements now work on all app platforms
  • Added support for landscape orientation
  • Re-enabled zoom/pinch
  • Re-enabled camera
  • Re-enabled file uploads
  • Splash screen now disappears 5 seconds instead of waiting for a full page load
iPhone Only
  • Push Alerts go to the correct location again
  • Fixed a bug in 1.2.3 that erroneously opened Safari
Android...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does the app have functionality for restricting usage to user group(s)? If so, how does awareness occur for user not a member of the user group(s) when they downloads and install the app?

Took over 15 secs for the app to load beyond the splash screen on my iPad 2 (n):eek:
i believe its because it is waiting for the full site to load before it shows it, this is why i recommend adding a loading wheel

but i think your review here is a bit bias for things i dont see a need to mention lol

Why is it bias? Also why would there be no need to mention it, if it helps the dev make the mod better?
for the lack of a better word, i think the smiley use was childish and unneeded...why i said i dont need to mention it is bacause mouth is active in slavik beta group which is fine, we should work together to improve the apps but it is not how its working out so far

Sure he may be beta testing another mod, but not sure what a apple has to do with a orange.

He obviously tried the app on a site, and is reporting his findings, much like many people on here. ;)

Top Bottom