XF 1.1 Turn off Register With FaceBook - Bots now use this

tenants

I've just seen a couple of bots register using facebook (very annoying)

This seems to by pass a few things (CAPTCHA etc)

Is it possible to turn this off, so no users can register with FaceBook (but can still associate accounts / login with FB if already a member)

I can't see the fields in the Registration Options....

( I think this is a likely area that will start being targeted by bots, so we really need to be able to turn this off)

From Sever Logs

<known IP of Bot> - - [10/Nov/2012:22:05:47 +0000] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 20385 "myforum/register/facebook/register" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0"

Looking up the ip/email/username all show up on spam databases, the speed at they added profile information was also bot like... I think FB registration is likely to become an easy option for bots, I want to cut this off before it starts (and look at ways to prevent this).

But.. for now, there seems to be no way to turn the FB registration off in the core, is that correct?

Oh, is there also a way to show all the users that have registered with FaceBook in XenForo?

Thanks for you response Chris

unfortunately, wont this remove everything, users wont still be able to login with facebook... (so those users that have registered with FB wont be able to log in)

It's just the registration I want / need to turn off

I didn't really see a way in core to do this,

but thanks for looking Chris (you're a star and help so many people here)

As you mentioned, I ended up creating a plug-in to add a CAPTCHA to FaceBook Registration (stopped it immediately) :
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/facebookregcaptcha.1222/

If other people have started to see bots register via this method, the plug-in is free, so if you have a CAPTCHA mechanism that works on your registration page, this should help

Top Bottom