Trying to send email to users

kingston

Trying to send email to unvalidated users and I am getting this error:

Admin Control Panel - The Fierce Board

Server Error

fwrite(): send of 6 bytes failed with errno=32 Broken pipe
  1. [*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    [*]fwrite() in Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php at line 324
    [*]Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_send() in Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php at line 385
    [*]Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->quit() in Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php at line 144
    [*]Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->__destruct() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEmailSend() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/kingharrison/fierceboard/forum/admin.php at line 13

It looks to me like the SMTP connection is failing for some reason. Did you specify a SMTP server?

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Email Options -> Email Transport Method

It's hard to know why the connection is failing, but you can try the default mail server.

It looks to me like the SMTP connection is failing for some reason. Did you specify a SMTP server?

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Email Options -> Email Transport Method

It's hard to know why the connection is failing, but you can try the default mail server.

I did. I am sending out notification emails just fine.

Is this probably just a bug from being a beta or should I be seeing if I messed something up?

As Jake said above, "broken pipe" usually indicates a problem with the network/SMTP service.
Mike gave a similar response to an earlier thread:

I have reduced the number of emails sent per page for the next release in case that's related, but a broken pipe usually indicates some sort of network issue or the other side is explicitly terminating the connection. You may wish to use the built in PHP mail instead (generally speaking, that's the approach I would take).

Top Bottom