1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Trying to import vb3.8 board fails at import thread prefixes

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Pieman, Jan 29, 2012.

  1. Pieman

    Pieman Member

    with the page saying:

    I did have an error importing all the moderators for the forums, but as it was just a test import I wasn't that bothered as I am only showing the new forum to mods.

    thanks in advance
     
  2. Jake Bunce

    Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    What was the error for moderators?

    The prefix error might be a problem with the source data. But I need to examine your database to know for sure. I can take a look if you are comfortable giving me access to your database. I need access to phpmyadmin or a copy of your database.
     
    Pieman likes this.
  3. Pieman

    Pieman Member

    Unfortunately, I was in click on through mode so I didn't note it down :(, next time I will.

    I tried to fix the problem by trying to delete any 'unusual' characters from the prefixes, this didn't work, so I deleted all of the prefixes, which worked. It's a bit of a pain but not the end of the world as we only use prefixes in a couple of not that busy forums, so thanks for the offer Jake but it won't be necessary.

    The rest of the import (800,000 posts and 55,000 users) went pretty well. Now to see what bits are different/missing from xf and see how/if I can add them :)
     

Share This Page