Add-on Trying to Find a Calendar/Lister Addon

beanfan78

I found the Calendar addon and Jaxel's Event addon but they don't really fit what I am looking for. I suppose the Calendar one does a little bit. I am wondering if I missed something for my project.

I run a podcasting forum and I want to find a calendar'ish way to let my users post when their shows are posted/coming up. For instance my show is posted every Thursday and I would like to add info to that and list it out so people can be reminded that my podcast or another they follow is coming out and to remember to check it out. I just don't want to add a thread and try to make it look clean and easy to see what is coming up.

So a lot like a calendar, but one people can add to it. I want to list as many shows as possible. I can't wrap my head around the right way to do this in Xenforo. Has anyone done something similar? I guess something like a TV guide (if anyone remembers those) for the shows. TIA!

Interesting @Waindigo. I looked at using the resource manager, but I really don't know how to apply it to podcast/media.
With Resource Manager you can add custom fields. So you could create a custom field so that users creating an event can create a link to the relevant podcast/media. You can even set the output of the custom field to be some HTML to embed the podcast/media.

Is this the sort of thing you meant?

If I could use the manager like iTunes where people could submit their RSS feeds and it would auto populate their information and episodes I would get the Resource Manager. For this though, I simply want a revolving list on which episodes from which shows are coming. I just want visitors to be able to check a listing of whats coming out over the next 7-30 days and get excited to listen for whatever show they love. I drafted a quick thought to outline what is in my head. It's about 5 minutes inside fireworks to make a point. I want the show creators to be able to add their show and info. I don't want to hand jam everything myself...

Attachments

• show-schedule.gif
    show-schedule.gif
    36.8 KB · Views: 13
If you are able to contribute towards this, it would definitely be something I'd be interested in developing. I'm pretty sure nothing like this exists for XenForo right now.

When you say contribute, do you mean financially or technically? The biggest thing I am trying to figure out right now, is how to build a community around podcasting and create something so awesome that people want to be there. I have to separate myself from the competition and being on xF is already a start.

When you say contribute, do you mean financially or technically? The biggest thing I am trying to figure out right now, is how to build a community around podcasting and create something so awesome that people want to be there. I have to separate myself from the competition and being on xF is already a start.
Usually financially, but if you can write the code and send it to me, I'm usually happy to add it.

Top Bottom