1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to add customized css into Extra

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Bain, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Bain

Bain Active Member

I am trying to customize my theme a bit further. The problem is that certain code doesn't appear to work when inserted into the Extra template.

Am I missing something here? I have code already in the extra template and never had an issue previously. Should I be copying the whole active link code in order to make it work?

I have it working right now, after editing the xenforo.css. But when I update, it will be removed.

Code:
    .ugc a:hover, .ugc a:focus {
        background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") repeat-x scroll center top #718270 !important;
        color: #000000 !important;
    }

2. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

which style are you adding this to?

3. Bain

Bain Active Member

the default which I have customized. It's the same style that is currently on display at Coast to Coast AM, in my signature.

4. steel_curtain

steel_curtain Well-Known Member

Did you miss copy/pasting the dot in front of ugc, or is it missing in your css?

5. Bain

Bain Active Member

Yea, I was doing a copy and paste. That didn't get the beginning dot.
    It is in the actual code. I've found several pieces of css code which simply does not work in extra.css (for me)

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The code in your first post works fine for me.