XF 1.2 Trouble re-creating URL Schema

Rob

Hi,

Im upgrading to 1.2 and have used an old route filter mod in the past.... Im now having to recreate the url schema and running into issues.

I have successfully changed the route to individual forums:- /forums/shshs.xx
I have successfully changed the route to individual threads /threads/asdjasjd.xx
I have successfully changed the route to individual page nodes /pages.xx

I have my site's index page set to portal (xenporta) leaving the main forum homepage at /forums .... however I need to change the main route (/forums) to something else. I also need to change the /pages main route.

I dont see any provision in the new route filter to change top level routes and wondered if anyone else had tackled this... I think my old route filter was a @Brogan mod but trying to migrate all the settings is proving difficult.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob

I didn't write an add-on for changing routes.

I'm not sure what the problem is though, if you want to change forums/ to something else, just enter the new route.
The same for the pages/ route.

http://xenforo.com/help/route-filters/

I can't speak for how that works with xenporta, I don't use that add-on so you will need to ask in the resource thread.

Hi brogan... sorry, I thought it was you... my memory is clearly not great, it could have been @Jake Bunce

I have individual content routes working fine.... a single thread, a single forum, an single page node.... all working as desired.

My issue is changing the main route itself, whilst leaving the leaf nodes...

For instance....
The main forum index, i want to be at /main
Individual forums I want to be at /hubs/node-name.xx

I know the system isnt really geared up that way but thats what i was hoping to recreate as that is the schema on the live site.

Hope this makes a little more sense.

Just stick /forums into the find box, and /hubs into the replace box.

Done. What's the issue?

In the options, there a box for main page route. You'll want to set this to main once the filter is setup.

Liam

He wants /forums -> /main and forums/<anything> -> hubs/<anything>.

It's basically doable that way though:

forums/ -> main/
forums/{data} -> hubs/{data}

I think that should work.

Reactions: Rob
@Mike yeah.... that really solved it!!!

I had to do:-
forums/ -> main/
forums/{data}/ -> hub/{data}/

The extra forward slashes in the final line make the difference.

It would seem {data} is an undocumented feature. The instructions inside the admin pages refer to {name} and {name:digit} and {name:string}.
Im not sure if there is a difference between {data} and {name} but thought I'd mention it incase the admin phrases can provide more info.

Top Bottom