XF 1.1 Trouble changing forum sub-directory & URL

WhoIsDo

Hello,

I recently attempted to move my website from the root to a sub-directory, but the links and images now appear broken. I've already navigated to the "Basic Board Information" section and changed the forum URL from the root to the sub-directory, but that hasn't fixed the issue.

Original: mywebsite.com
New: mywebsite.com/community/

However, I'm seeing where the URLs are looking as follows:

What's showing: http://mywebsite.com/community/forums/site-announcements.2/

That URL doesn't actually show anything, however. Just gives me the following message: "The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server."

Any idea what I can do to correct this issue?

Last edited:
Even with the /forums/ included in the URL, I'm still having an issue where the URLs aren't working for me at this point. Any idea what could be causing that?

Are you receiving any errors?

Looks like the URL issue was tied to my .htaccess being in the root, and not in the forum directory. However, the images aren't working for me still (most of them). It looks like the image URLs are missing the "community" portion of the URL. Is there a section to update that URL that I'm currently missing?

Within posts or in your style? Try setting / updating the style property imagePath. If its images inserted through BB Code in the posts, you'll need to use Kier's resource to update the posts easily.

We're using the Black Responsive layout, so I see "styles/black_responsive" in that field which appears to be correct.

I tried adding "community/styles/black_responsive" but that didn't seem to fix the issue either.

Looks like there was some custom styling done, so I've moved the "images" directory to the root and that seemed to fix just about all of the images. I just have to figure out where the node icon images are being referenced and that should fix my issue.

Thank you for helping me troubleshoot this!

Top Bottom