• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TrophyPromo - Trophy-based user group promotions

Luke F

Yet another requested addon - this one automatically adds users to a secondary group when they get certain trophies - a basic promotions system.

huhj.png

(Simply add or edit a trophy to access the 'Promotion group' dropdown)

Installation:

1. Upload contents of 'upload' folder to your forum root.
  2. Install addon_TrophyPromo.xml
Donations go here. :)

Attachments

Does not work well when applied to an already established forum. Apply the secondary group permissions to admins when executed, may lose permissons. I had to uninstall the add for this reason.

Sorry may bad english. I'm spanish.

Salud2

Does not work well when applied to an already established forum. Apply the secondary group permissions to admins when executed, may lose permissons. I had to uninstall the add for this reason. Salud2

Unfortunately yes, your groups need to be set up in such a way that it will not affect things if admins are added to the group (as they inevitably will).

Why would this take permissions away from administrators when they get promoted? As long as you dont use the DENY permission, that will never happen. There are lots of threads on the forum explaining why you should use DEFAULT instead of DENY... read them.

Yes, as Jaxel said, if you have your groups set up correctly then permissions should be cumulative and you should never encounter the problem of members losing permissions through being added to more groups.

For the registered user group, set the permissions to the minimum level; i.e the permissions that all members will have.

Is there a way to exlude selected usergroups not to auto promote ? I was setting up some Trophys and got myself a promotion :) I just want my regular users to get auto promoted.

Is there a way to exlude selected usergroups not to auto promote ? I was setting up some Trophys and got myself a promotion :) I just want my regular users to get auto promoted.

If your groups cascade correctly that shouldn't be an issue

If your groups cascade correctly that shouldn't be an issue

My usergroups got imported from vBulletin. Some of them have admin & moderator rights but are not admin or moderator groups. Some of them are duplicated from the standart user group. I don't know how it should sort out but all the usergroups which reached the bar got promoted :)

Top Bottom